Sunday, 27 September 2015

Poh Piah Lwee @ Malacca (Non-Halal)

Poh Piah! An all-time favourite snack food. My parents love this so much that it's really tough to find a good poh piah in town.

Thanks to Malacca & Penang, there are still great tasty poh piah that's available in Malaysia. 

I've never really tried Penang but have heard about it's legacy. Malacca on the other hand, I have tried it on my first visit there and it was along Jalan Bunga Raya stall. It left a very very deep mark in my heart. Because it is YUMMY!


Today, let me tell you about "Poh Piah Lwee" located just along the shoplots (on the right) before turning in to Jonker Walk.


Passing by here for many times, I always tend to miss this shop. Until now.


The poh piah, RM3, here is really yummy! The jicama is nicely marinated and boiled in a way that it is not too dry, not too sweet and best of all it's just right! Crunchy, fresh, sweet and mix really well with all the other ingredients in the poh piah. What I love most about Malacca poh piah is that you can actually find fried pork lard oil inside! The one I tried at Bunga Raya was very wet and oily, they were really generous on the pork lard oil and sauce but it was abit overwhelming. At Poh Piah Lwee, the amount is just right, just perfect!


See the insides aren't too oily nor dry. Just at the right texture!


This is the Nyonya Dumpling, RM4.80, is a must-try dish here! I love the presentation of it. That color and also the inside fillings were really good! Not too sweet and very tasty! Got pork lard oil also!!


Rojak, RM6, was considered acceptable. Nothing too special except for the difference in the sauce versus the one back in KL or in Penang. However, the crackers were crispy like most rojak. Worth to try as well, sauce tastes somewhat unique.


Minced Meat & Mushroom Noodle, RM4 (small portion) / RM5 (big portion), this is really unique! Very yummy! Very tasty! Very appetizing! Mouthwatering even! The sauce and the noodle is really a match made in heaven! Seriously!


Nyonya Laksa, RM4 (small portion) / RM5 (big portion), we came here also for this! That creamy broth of nyonya laksa. It's not so spicy and it was just perfect! So creamy, so tasty and so delicious! I almost drank the whole soup but I didn't wanna get sore throat lolx... Very fragrant also!


Serving portion was really good! We shared all the above portion for 4 pax. Was really full because we had this at tea time lolx... Our total bill came up to RM63 and it was worth every $ spent!

Find out more here.

5 comments:

Michelle Lim said...

WOW! The Popiah & the laksa looks super good!! Making me hungry!

Sunshine Kelly said...

I am going to Melaka next week and keen to try out their Nyonya Dumpling.

Jacqueline Khoo said...

Omg all of them r my favorite leh. Bf and me gonna try all of them when I visit there!

Sharon Lee said...

Looks really full filling snack to grab ! Gonna visit this when I am at Malacca =D

Isaac Tan said...

only rm3? wow, that's a steal!